I originally wrote some thoughts on the XT hardmode Heartbreaker a few weeks ago. At the time in it’s original form it was quite frankly, difficult as balls. However, since then they’ve gone and nerfed it “to the ground”. I’m really not too happy that they did this, sure we got the achievement (in 1 try no less) but it doesn’t really feel like we earned it nor was it really worthy of being called a hard mode.
Quote from: Blizzard (Source)
The hit point increasing hard mode ability for XT-002 Deconstructor has been reduced to 50% in the 10 player Normal setting, and 60% in the 25 player Heroic setting. The corresponding damage increase for XT-002 has also been reduced to 15%. Life Sparks also have half of their previous hit point values.
XT-002 Deconstructor Hard Mode – Heartbreaker
- XT-002 no longer enters heartphase (you broke his heart duh!)
- XT-002 HP increased by 50% (5mil HP to 12.5mil HP)
- XT-002 damage is increased by 25%
- Gravity Bombs now drop a void zone once they expire
- Light Bombs now spawn a Light Spark upon expiry
- Don’t pop heroism on 1st heart, you shouldn’t need it
- Use 1 tank, Assault Bots that spawn can be tanked easily by a cat druid or a ret pally etc
- Melee should try and stack on 1 foot (say right) so that if someone gets Searing Light, they can switch to the left foot and continue to dps
- Gravity Bomb void zones should be dropped far away to avoid any accidental dmg
- Have your casters (we had 2) kill Light Sparks, keep melee on XT
- Berserk on your 1st heart phase, it’ll be up again before the fight is over
- Before the heart phase begins (pre 75%) try and get a nice big 4-5 cp Savage Roar applied this will help to minimize the amount of cp’s wasted during this phase and increase your overall dmg
- Make sure your Tiger’s Fury is up + full energy pre heart phase, dps loss pre heart phase is better than dps loss during heart phase.
- Help your healers out, pop Barkskin/Survival Instincts when possible during Tympanic Tantrum or if shit hits the fan, shift out and drop some heals
Whats the point of doing this achievement? Fluxing Energy Coils 🙂