Everyone knows by now (and if you don’t, shame on you!) that Onyxia will be coming back (bigger and badder than ever) in 3.2.2 and with that means the old Onyxia will disappear forever.
That being said, this will be your last chance to get a T2 helm for your collection. This isn’t the first time something like this has happened, when Naxxramas was re-released for WOTLK, the old Naxx60 was removed forever as well leaving those who were trying to complete their T3 set out of luck. Onyxia still runs on the old russian roulette loot system where every class helm has a chance to drop even if that class isn’t in raid. It personally took me 4 clears (I started farming once I heard the news) to get the helm so don’t test your luck and wait till the last minute to get yours. Otherwise you’ll get a reminder of how fun vanilla WOW was. Onyxia is easily soloable by a feral druid and it also pays out 54g + items as well for ~70g per run still. Not bad for about 20 minutes of your time.
For those who are wondering how many sets I have collected…
- T1: 3/8 (Disenchanted before TBC)
- T2: 6/8 (Disenchanted before TBC)
- T2.5: 5/5
- T3: 6/9 (Never got to finish the instance 😦 )
- T4: 5/5
- T5: 0/5 (Disenchanted before WOTLK)
- T6: 6/8 (Never got to finish the instance 😦 )
- T7: 5/5
- T8: 5/5
EDIT: Thought I would include Onyxia related raid loot & achievements here
- Onyxia Lv 60 becomes a Feat of Strength, so you definitely want to get any helm to get credit for this
- World of Raids – Onyxia Loot Table
- MMO-Champion – Achievement Listing