A lot of new information has been posted in the past week which warrants a new post to collect and summarize. This specific post will only contain the new kitty information since my last post but I am compiling all new and old information in my original post 3.3 Kitty Summary. So depending on how you prefer to read information, you can either look out for new posts for a quick update or you can simply check the summary post from time to time for a complete up to date view on what’s coming down the pipe.
In addition, I’ve decided to compile an achievement summary as well. I’m a huge fan of achievements and there are a lot of new things coming up in 3.3 which I think can warrant a completely separate post so stay tuned for that shortly.
Tier 10 Token System
Quote From: Blizzard (Source)
With t10 we’re going to see a hybrid. The tier 10 items (the ones with item levels you’d find in the 10-player raid) will be purchased with Emblems of Frost.
The tier 10.5 items (the ones with item levels you’d find in the 25-player raid) will be obtained by getting a token (one that is specific to 3 or 4 classes, much like the ulduar tokens) and using it to upgrade the tier 10 item that was purchased with emblems of frost.
This is the perfect solution to the current issues with T9 from TOC. Currently there is not upgrade system from ilv 232 -> ilv 245 -> ilv258. To obtain each level of T9 gear you need to start from scratch which quite frankly is a pain in the ass. It also discourages people from obtaining the ilv 232 set if you know that the ilv 245 set is available in time. Factor in that most people did not drop their T8 until they had 2pc or 4pc then you have a lot of badges sitting around waiting for the optimal time to switch. Now in 3.3 by having an upgade system this will encourage people to get 232 quickly and upgrade along the way.
Normal vs Hard Mode Triggers
Quote From: Blizzard (Source)
ICC’s hard modes will be triggered, but via in-game UI (much like how you toggle between normal and heroic modes today) rather than triggered by game mechanics (like not killing the three drakes before you attack Sartharion).
We seem to be moving back towards an pre 3.2 style of hard mode which I think is for the best. Having to do 4 raids a week just to get through easy and hard mode while fast (no trash yay) is still time consuming and who wants to see the same 5 bosses 4 times a week? Considering that Icecrown is going to be significantly larger than TOC, this is clearly a necessity to ensure people don’t get bogged down by trying to run Icecrown 4 times a week. Perhaps a sign of difficult content to come? 🙂
3.3 Leather DPS Crafted Items (iLv 264)
It’s definitely still too early to say “wow” or “bah” as we don’t know what the tier gear looks like. Once that starts appearing we’ll be able to tell whether it’s worthwhile to obtain these items. I’m assuming the cost to make will be very expensive as usual. Whats interesting though is that 3.2 dps gear in the leggings/feet slots generally had +hit (See Leggings of the Broken Beast, Icewalker Treads), so if we are moving away from having +hit in these slots, where is that stat going to be coming from in 3.3?
Icecrown Weapon Procs
- Item – Icecrown 25 Normal Slow Melee Weapon Proc – Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Necrotic Touch for 10 sec, causing all your melee weapon attacks to deal an additional 9% damage as shadow damage.
- Item – Icecrown 25 Heroic Slow Melee Weapon Proc – Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Necrotic Touch for 10 sec, causing all your melee weapon attacks to deal an additional 10% damage as shadow damage.
Not really sure what this is all about, my assumption is that it will be something related to a specific mechanic in a fight.
New Icecrown Trinkets Procs
- Item – Icecrown 10 Heroic Melee Trinket – When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1250 attack power for 15 sec.
- Item – Icecrown 25 Normal Melee Trinket – Your attacks have a chance to awaken the powers of the races of Northrend, temporarily transforming you and increasing your combat capabilities for 30 sec.
- Item – Icecrown 25 Heroic Melee Trinket – Your attacks have a chance to awaken the powers of the races of Northrend, temporarily transforming you and increasing your combat capabilities for 30 sec.
- Strength of the Frost Giants – Grants the form and strength of the Frost Giants for 30 sec.
- Agility of the Wolvar – Grants the form and agility of the Wolvar for 30 sec.
- Power of the Taunka – Grants the form and attack power of the Taunka for 30 sec.
- Precision of the Iron Dwarves – Grants the form and precision of the Iron Dwarves for 30 sec.
- Aim of the Tuskarr – Grants the form and aim of the Tuskarr for 30 sec.
- Speed of the Gorloc – Grants the form and speed of the Gorloc for 30 sec.
I am going to make the assumption that the transformation mentioned in the IC 25 normal/heroic mode trinkets is one of the 6 transformations mentioned above. I will also assume that depending on what class/spec/role you are, you will proc a different type of transformation. Looks like kitty kats will either be transforming into a Wolvar (Agility) or Taunka (Attack Power)?
On a complete side note, we were finally able to complete A Tribute to Insanity (10 Player)!